Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PREGNANCY AFTER 35

What you need to know:
Healthy women from age 35 into their 40s usually have healthy pregnancies. If problems do arise, they can usually be successfully treated.

Women over age 35 have an increased risk of:

Because of these increased risks for women over 35, prenatal care is especially important.

What you can do:
No matter what your age, see your health care provider before trying to get pregnant. This is especially important if you:

  • Have a chronic medical condition, such as diabetes, a seizure disorder or high blood pressure
  • Are on long-term medication

If not under control, some medical conditions can cause risks for you and your baby.

If you are older than 35 and don’t get pregnant after trying for six months, see your health care provider.

clip_image001

A Mommy After 35

Most healthy women from age 35 into their 40s have healthy pregnancies. Most women over 35 are in good health. Good prenatal care and healthy habits can help you reduce certain risks. If problems do arise for women over 35, they can usually be successfully treated.

No matter what your age, see your health care provider before trying to get pregnant if you:

  • Have a chronic medical condition, such as diabetes, a seizure disorder or high blood pressure
  • Are on long-term medication

If not under control, some medical conditions can cause risks for you and your baby.
If you are older than 35 and don’t get pregnant after trying for six months, see your health care provider. Older women may find it harder to get pregnant than younger women because fertility declines with age. In many cases, infertility can be treated.
Prenatal Care Is Important
Prenatal care is especially important for women over 35 because:

  • They’re more likely to get high blood pressure and diabetes for the first time during pregnancy.
  • They may choose to have testing for Down syndrome, a combination of mental retardation and physical defects.

Healthy Habits
To help reduce risks during pregnancy:

  • Eat healthy foods.
  • Gain a healthy amount of weight.
  • Exercise, with your health care provider’s guidance.
  • Don’t drink alcohol, smoke or take illegal drugs.
  • Don’t take any medications or herbal supplements without first checking with your health care provider.

Prenatal Screening Tests
Ask your provider about prenatal screening tests for the baby. For instance, amniocentesis is often recommended for pregnant women 35 or older.
In amniocentesis, the health care provider inserts a thin needle through the woman’s abdomen. A small amount of amniotic fluid (the fluid that surrounds and protects the baby) is removed and tested for chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome or a specific genetic disorder for which the fetus is at risk. Test results are usually available within a week or two. Most women who have prenatal screening tests learn that the baby is healthy and feel reassured by the results.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful experience knowing Dr Utu.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I'm on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight this virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. I knew I was in trouble as I've already lost appetite for everything about life I've heard of people who suffered this disease for years with no hope of solution. Imagine the pain and trauma keeping it a secret. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment who after telling him of my ailment he advised me to start with herbal medicines if I wish to live longer than doctors estimate He taught me the strong effects of plants on animals and how possible nature have perfected itself. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, I told him the whole history which he gave me satisfactory answer. I purchased and started using his herbs as he had directed. This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I continued on dosage as prescribed one week later I noticed total comfort in my body system, I informed the doctor who advised me to continue medication till later end I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! I thank you greatly Dr Utu for giving me back my life I'm the happiest man on earth. Reach Dr Utu directly via email: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com. TO CURE YOUR DISEASES WITH HERBAL MEDICINES

    ReplyDelete