Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Can You Determine the Sex of Your Baby?

You’re trying to get pregnant and you’re wondering if there’s any way you can get that little girl or boy that you so desire. Admit it, someone told you if you eat a certain food or have sex in a certain position, you can control the sex of your baby and part of you thought, "why not?" In the case of most of these old wives tales, it can’t hurt to try, but are some of them dangerous? And remember, for all of the women who claim that one or more of these tricks worked for them, there are just as many who will tell you that they didn’t work at all!

Cultural Beliefs
The ancient Mayans believed that you could determine the sex of a baby by looking at the mother’s age at conception and the year of conception. If both numbers are even or both are odd, then the baby will be a girl. If one number is even and the other is odd, the baby is a boy. Some people will tell you that this absolutely works, but we figure the odds are about 50/50.

The Chinese also have a method for predicting the sex of a baby. The belief is that if you compare the mother’s age at conception and the month of conception you can accuratly predict the sex of the baby using a chart. A quick office poll reveals that the Chinese method has about the same rate of success as the Mayans – 50%.

Don’t feel like putting all of your faith in the Chinese or Mayan methods? Here are a few other methods that some people claim will work:

If You Want a Girl:

  • Eat lots of chocolate and other sweets If you’re not diabetic or pre-diabetic, go for it – but in moderation! We all know that too many sweets are bad for blood sugar, waist-lines and teeth.
  • Both of you should eat lots of fish and veggies It may not get you a girl, but eating healthy is never a bad idea.
  • If the woman orgasms first, you’ll have a girl/
  • The missionary position will produce girls
  • If the woman is on top you’ll have a girl

If you Want a Boy:

  • Eat lots of salty foods We’re not so sure that this is a good idea. Too much salt can cause hypertension and in some cases, stomach cancer. If you already have high-blood pressure, definitely don’t try this.
  • Eat lots of red meat
    There are a lot of vegetarians who will tell you that you can have a boy without eating any meat. While moderate intake of red meat is fine, too much does carry some health risks; consumption of too much red meat has been linked to colon cancer and heart disease. If you want to try this, consider choosing organic meat. Meat from cattle that have been fed grass contains more omega three and six fatty acids (the good fats), and less saturated fat.
  • Let the man initiate love making
  • Make love standing up
  • Lie down for a while after sex
  • Have sex while on all-fours

Other Pearls of Wisdom A common claim is that more boys are conceived on odd numbered days and more girls on even numbered days. If you want a girl, try to conceive when the moon is a quarter full and for a boy try when the moon is full. Some people claim that the time of day can affect the baby’s gender too – girls are conceived in the afternoon and boys at night.

What Doctors Say Sorry to say, the scientific community doesn’t put any stock in any pregnancy folklore. Probably because all of these methods produce no more than a 50/50 chance of conceiving a child of the sex you prefer. Of course, there are some scientific theories about how to choose the sex of your baby. The most popular one involves keeping track of your ovulation cycles and mucous production.

Another scientific method of gender selection is called Percoll density gradient centrifugation procedure, also known as "sperm spinning". The sperm is placed in a centrifuge and spun. The Y (male-producing) sperm rises to the top of the centrifuge and the X (girl-producing) sperm goes to the bottom. This method has about a 77% success rate, however it is expensive and time consuming and requires undergoing in-vitro fertilization. In other words – it’s not a try at home method.

3 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful experience knowing Dr Utu.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I'm on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight this virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. I knew I was in trouble as I've already lost appetite for everything about life I've heard of people who suffered this disease for years with no hope of solution. Imagine the pain and trauma keeping it a secret. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment who after telling him of my ailment he advised me to start with herbal medicines if I wish to live longer than doctors estimate He taught me the strong effects of plants on animals and how possible nature have perfected itself. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, I told him the whole history which he gave me satisfactory answer. I purchased and started using his herbs as he had directed. This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I continued on dosage as prescribed one week later I noticed total comfort in my body system, I informed the doctor who advised me to continue medication till later end I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! I thank you greatly Dr Utu for giving me back my life I'm the happiest man on earth. Reach Dr Utu directly via email: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com. TO CURE YOUR DISEASES WITH HERBAL MEDICINES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help someone who need Herpes Cure from Natural Roots and Herbs today.
    I'm not ashamed of testifying the goodness of Dr. AKINTUNDE in my life and my beloved mom too, how we where cured from this Virus after spending so much money on phamacytical drugs for years and still my mom was having frequent Outbreak and different symptoms everyday. But in less than five weeks of meeting Dr. Akintunde and I told him about my situation and he prepared some herbal medicine and send to me and I took as he directed me. I was cured of HSV1 Using only the Natural Herbal medicine Dr. Akintunde sent to me through courier service, and later, after I was confirmed Negative, he also send this herbal medicine to my mom and in four weeks of using the herbal medicine she was also tested and confirm negative. So i guarantee anyone because of my promise to Dr. Akintunde, that I will refer anyone that have this health issue to him for treatment and total Cure of this Virus. This herbal medicine has no side effect rather my mom blood pressure is now perfect, no more Cold Sores, Sore Throat fatigue and Outbreak stopped immediately mom started taking the Herbal medicine. thank you Dr. AKINTUNDE Herbal Home Care. Stay Bless Sir. This is Dr. Akintunde details below.👇
    https://drakintundeherbalhomecare.simdif.com

    Email: drakintundehomecare@gmail.com

    WhatsApp Number: +12068994141

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a safe and effective herbal cure for herpes virus.
    I'm Tony B from Texas I never believed this until I saw comments and testimonies on the internet on how Dr Utu have cured people with herpes diseases. I contacted him in good faith for cure. I purchased his herbal medication which works miraculously. Within two days of usage the sores on my lips and in my anus disappeared miraculously. I continued medication for four weeks and when my test result was out the following week I was confirmed herpes negative it was a great relief!
    The man Dr Utu is a blessing to this generation
    Seeing is believing, @ "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete